2010年3月16日 星期二

Final Exam: Question1

First, my dream house is purely white. All the walls and furniture are white in color. I got this idea from several movies. They would also get many huge windows, so the room will look bigger. To make my house not that monotone, I would select some colorful and bold art works to get people’s attention. In the living room, the first picture I would like to put is “The Triumph of Divine” by Pietro da Cortona. It is a wall painting during 1633- 39. Baroque art is one of my favorite art styles because their arts are very fine, and their color is very sharp. Including the perspective technique he used, I believe this painting can increase the sense of space of my house. It is the starting point of my journey, and I hope it already attracted the attention of visitors.




The second art piece I would like to have is Clarinet and Violin by Pablo Picasso in 1913. It is an oil painting on canvas. In the painting, Picasso combined different perspective of clarinet and violin together into two dimensions. I really appreciate Picasso’s painting very much because the color and idea are very bold. I would like to hang it in my dinning room. It is not bad to have violin during the meal. Although I cannot hear any sound from the painting, the combination of food and music is kind of harmonious.











The third panting would be put in the bathroom. It is the oil paint, Ophelia by John Everett Millais. It is part of the original Henry Tate Gift in 1894 and remains one of the most popular Pre-Raphaelite works in the Tate's collection. John Everett Millais, William Holman Hunt and Dante Gabriel Rossetti are the founding members of a group of artists called the Pre-Raphaelites 1848. Later, the English critic and art theorist in “Modern Painters”, John Ruskin, encouraged artists to 'go to Nature in all singleness of heart: rejecting nothing, selecting nothing, and scorning nothing. It seems like purifying our mind and brain. Including the main color of it is green. I believe it can comfort me and help me to remove all the tiredness of the day during bathing.




The last art work I would select for my house would be the famous painting, Starry Night by Van Gogh. I will put it on the ceiling, so I can sleep when I am facing it. Every time when I was looking at it, I can feel the sorrow of him, and I would get trap into the stirring star light. It will remind me the story of Van Gogh and led me to think a lot of things. After a serious of brainstorming and meditation, I will also get sleepy and give me a nice dream.

沒有留言:

張貼留言